Thread: 1951 Chevy / C4
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #8
xpickup

Re: 1951 Chevy / C4

69CST-V, thank you.

itstheshu, the front cross member is a flat out one and I am going to make the rear set up.

oldman3, Thank you. It has been a while. Hope you had a great Christmas and New Years also. I did, but it is good to back to working on things again. I did take a short break.

reaper71, Thank you

Atommik, Thank you. I know mine is waiting again , but you know how things are. At least it is driveable.

98layinframe, Good another twin. I can not wait to get into the suspension.

Well it has been a while. With the holidays and a few little jobs completed. I am starting on the pickup. I am waiting for my plate steel so I am working on some of the sheet metal things. So I am going on a smoothing spree. The gas fill is gone, along with the door handles, all the lights on the fenders,the emblem on the front of the hood, the cowl vent, and a few other odds and ends. Tonight I peaked the hood. the hood was tacked together at the seam and then I formed a 5/16 rod to the profile of the hood and tacked it every inch or so. Then ground the ends to a nice pointy profile. Then I will use some ALL METAL filler to fill up to the top of the radius of the rod. Then use a little regular filler for the final fill. I should have my steel by the weekend and I am getting the 1 5/8 tube for the tranny crossmember also. Here are some pictures.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote