View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
71' Custom

71' (gonna be) a one of a kind custom

Starting from the beginning, I bought my 71' from a friend of mine about 4-5 years ago. He showed me acouple of pictures of it and told me it wouldn't run and when it did run, the transmission wouldn't pull either. He said he was asking $1500 for the truck.
So I convinced him to bring it up to the dealership that we both worked at. (he is a technician and i work in parts) He brought it up and the first thing that caught my eye was the V8 400 badge on the front fender, my excitement was soon shattered when I opened the hood and saw a 350. I did, however, notice it had an Edelbrock carb on it. However, It did still have the 400 trans in it.
So while he was inside working I went and got the keys from him then grabbed a jump box, a flat head screw driver, and a couple of quarts of trand fluid. I turned the two adjustment screws on the carb all the way in and then backed them off 2 1/2 turns then put some trans fluid in the trans. Then I hooked up the jump box to the battery. Went and turned the key and it fired right up, put it in gear and it kicked into gear. I promptly shut it down and went inside and told him I would give him $1000 for it. He took the deal and he said he would drop it off at my house.
When we got to my house, he started wandering how we were going to get the truck up my inclined driveway. So I went and started up the truck, drove it off the trailer, and drove it up the driveway. All the while his jaw is on the ground.
Attached Images

71' Custom is offline   Reply With Quote