View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 AM   #87
SCHRUMGMC

Re: Looking for my Grandfathers 1971 GMC SIERRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by No ID View Post
funny thing is i live about 10 min from denton, at first i was thinking my uncle may have bought this truck but he's only had lwb chevys so it isn't him. I understand how you feel about it seemingly being taken away, my grandpas truck sat behind my great grandmas shed for 20 years before my uncle quietly took it to the scrapyard without asking if anyone had any aspirations for it as i and my dad did. Still miss getting in it and the little things i saw in his last daily driver that i learned about him, even though i never did know him. Rusted out tailgate and all its most likely long gone but i think the best thing for you is to let it go but that probably won't happen. Some people don't see the value and sentimentality in vehicles like i do but most people don't enjoy trucks like i do. Same thing happened to my dad when his grandpa died, his grandpa took pride in it and since my dad liked it so much told him he could have it when he died, but someone in the family needed the cash more than feeling like asking around if anyone wanted after he died so they sold it away too. Anyway i'll keep my eye out for it, headed to the salvage yard next week too. Also restoring a c10 with my dad now and just like my first truck i'll never sell it. Don't have any angst about it either i'm sure theres something else you can cherish about him rather than this.
Whats a LWB Chevy ?