View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #80
Jimbabwe

Re: PB bagged 69 stepside-because Leon asked...

Oh no, don't misunderstand. The ride isn't bad. It's just not some sports car, smooth, tight thing like I thought it was going to be. It's still like a clunky truck. A definite improvement over the old stock suspension. The Porterbuilt stuff was really top notch, and I'm very happy with the quality and how it's all put together. I think maybe the fact that I was too busy wondering why on earth I decided to run with manual steering and brakes, and my throttle was sticking was the stuff I was really concerned with! I was driving somewhat low and had no issues with grinding anything, even after hitting a number of serious dips and crappy sections of road on the lovely NYC streets. I even had my very first "That is so cool" from a younger guy in an SUV with his mom at the gas station.
I'm happy with the setup. I've just got to take care of the other stuff.

I used the spacers because I currently have a 20" rear wheel with 5.25" of backspace and I'd like to swap to 22" wheels with 4" of backspace because they look cooler. I didn't want to have the expense of narrowing the rear, and getting new axles a second time. The spacers are temporary.
Jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote