View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #84
Jimbabwe

Smile Re: PB bagged 69 stepside-because Leon asked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Do you think you would have been happier with the Porterbuilt coil over set-up?
I'm not sure. That wasn't really my intention when building this one. I previously had a fleetside with a 4.5/6" drop, and I just kept seeing all these bagged trucks and thinking how great it looked. I'd look at the fleet with it's new "drop" and think "Hmm, that's really not very low at all, is it."

I had read someone respond in their build when asked how they liked the PB setup, and they remarked that it rode like a sports car, and I thought "Oooh!". The guy who narrowed my rear also builds chassis for race cars, and the truck was back at his place for something and he remarked how he liked how it was put together, and when I mentioned the person's sports car comment he was like "Um, no. It's gonna drive like an old truck." There are some winding roads around here that are fun to hit a little hard on the bike, or even in my "regular" car, that will make you say "WooHoo!!". I took one on the way home from the shop in the truck and I was like "AaaahhHHH!" I may have peed a little. Seriously though, I AM happy with their kit, and I do like the lowered, tucking stance more than I'm concerned with attempting to build a truck appropriate for autocross, but it certainly wouldn't hurt if there are some things we could do to our trucks for those times we'd like to have some fun in the esses. Another member commented about my alignment and suggested reading the "Make it handle" thread, of which I have read some. Maybe I'll alter the more straightforward alignment numbers I got. Hey, I only drove the thing once so far.
Jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote