Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #325
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 72 k20 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
all their stuff looks a little to "farmall" for me. i say that with no slight intended to farmers or red tractors, i grew up in the vast cornfields of IA. it all just looks clunky and unrefined. but, this will happen, just not sure if i can keep it out of my head for now and drive it first, or if i torch off all my rear suspension work while the bed is at the body guy!

how much do they generally go for? its hard for me to hang something off the motor all awkwardly when i know i have an oem type option. if i dont go with the OEM stuff, ill probably stash a decent electric somewhere. i know, i have issues....
On the Kelderman air ride, how do you mean by clunky? I've installed some of their kits and at first I thought it was over priced BS. But after I drove the first truck with the 4 link rear air ride, I was totally surprised. I feel their kit was heavy duty enough to do what ever I'd want to with a pick up.

On the air compressor, used usually $400 up. A reman from holset is $1700 and a reman bendex was $750 last time I had to get one. The biggest issue is they use a different power steering pump that you will have to regulate down, and then find another source for vacuum for blend doors if you don't go with a vintage air kit.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote