View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
SoCalSlaughter

ECM-B fuse blown, no start!!

So the truck is 90' Suburban V2500 4X4 5.7lt. Today I was driving to work and every few minutes the radio would cut out, engine light would flash and truck would stumble, then the ECMB fuse blew, pulled over and put a new fuse in (same amp) did it a few more times. Then on my lunch heading home, I was backing into my parking spot and the truck just shut off. Tried to turn it over and would crank but no start. ECMB fuse was ok, after following the fuel pump wires from pump up to cab, didnt find anything shorting. Changed fuel pump relay, same no start. Went inside to research some online, went to truck to try and start and blew ECMB fuse, blew 4 more times til it finally held and would try and turn. Unplugged fuel pump and fuse would still blow. Unplugged oil sending unit, relay and pump and would still blow sometimes. Also, the night before I was driving to the store and got a code 42. That went away after turning truck off and back on. Finally plugged everything back in, took fuel filter off and tried to turn motor over and no fuel. So now the fuel pump isnt running. Could the pump be causing the ECMB fuse to blow? The pump is about a year old. Im about to push the truck off a cliff. Haha
SoCalSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote