View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:50 AM   #100
NEWFISHER

Re: My 1950 dog hauling, trailer towing, daily driver Suburban

Him and his Dad set it up on an engine stand and broke the cam in with Joe Gibbs oil. I drove halfway and sold an Apache I was cleaning up to drive while the burb was going to be down and then drove the other half of the trip to pick up the motor. $2500 was to good to pass up. I gave away the old motor (still have the HEI and coil, carb and new fuel pump), gave away the 4spd and used the profit on "Patchy" to fund the trip the and the motor. It's a good mix build. Follow Tom @ 12bolt.com and you can't go wrong. I used his 2.5 inch to a 3 chamber magnaflow and couldn't be happier. I pull up to parts stores, rod shops, garages etc that I had been before and get the question "when did you swap a V8 into that thing" all the time. I pop the hood and then get "holy crap, who built that, that's way cooler than what everyone else does"!!!! I'm not knocking the 8's, I've built and pounded a ton of them. I just think its cool having a 6 that sounds healthy, gets good mpg's and runs as strong as a mild 8 with great torque.
Posted via Mobile Device
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote