View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #65
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: The Hillbilly Deluxe dually build

The bellhousing issue is going to have to be fixed pretty quickly. When I get the old one removed, you'll see why I'm so anxious to get it out of there. A big block and an SM465 are a lot of iron to hang on one that's cracked so badly.

I looked high and low for a replacement bellhousing but never found one under 225 dollars. So, thanks to Dirty Larry, I figured out what I hope to be another route to take.

This bracket kit from Advance Adapters allows you to use a mechanical linkage type of bellhousing (common as dirt and priced accordingly unlike my stock bellhousing) with a factory GM slave cylinder like my truck has. A call to Summit had it in my hands within 48 hours for about 50 bucks total.

Then, I reached out to a fellow board member buddy to go through his stash and hook me up with a bellhousing. Price was free. He's a good guy that has helped me so many times.

Tomorrow I begin cleaning the bellhousing and repairing any bad threads or whatever it needs to get it ready to install soon.
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote