View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:50 AM   #66
64C10Fleet

Re: Building My Grandfather's 64 C10

My wife and I celebrated our 11 year wedding anniversary today. I think we were even more excited about dropping the final payment on my daily driver. No truck payment equals more money to put in the C10.

It was 83 degrees here in Summerville, SC today. I took advantage of the beautiful weather and put a full day in on the truck. My youngest daughter and I took a parts run this morning that lasted over 2 hours. We had to go to several different stores to find everything I was looking for. I picked up the rest of the parts to complete my rear brakes (shoes and self adjusters) and just about everything I needed to complete things under the hood. Got an upper and lower radiator hose, battery and cables, throttle return spring and bracket, oil pressure switch, exhaust manifold donuts and downpipes, factory replacement terminals, and a bunch of brackets to hold down brake lines and wiring... it was like Christmas all over again.

This evening I jumped online and ordered the inner fender seals, firewall grommets, and radiator core support mount set from Brothers.

And as if all of that wasn't enough, I logged into LMC and ordered new bushings for the factory panhard, heat sheilds for my spark plug wires and all the hold down brackets, a heater seal kit, and one of those universal coolant overflow kits.

Best part... I got all that stuff for under $300. Well, the battery was under warranty so I just had them swap it out.

Got the hood hinges and springs installed today, along with most of the stuff I bought for under the hood. Also started on the rear brakes. I finished installing the shoes and all the new hardware, but the drums seem really tight, even with the adjusters all the way in. I think I might take the drums and have them turned tomorrow morning.
64C10Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote