View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #35
special-K
Special Order

Re: Pic Thread: Cool Old Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAWS 72 View Post
HAD TO SWITCH COMPUTERS.Special k here is the cuda my uncle was working on until he passed at Christmas.And some more
Any idea what will happen with his car,yet? i was sorry to hear that he had passed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bollybib View Post
Tim I'm diggin' on the 50s and 60s Fords.

My dad had a 1951 Crestliner just like this one (except for the bumper gaurds, spotlights, and door handle protector thingys). He died in 1958 and I was heartbroken. The Crestliner got sold off a couple of years later and I was heartbroken again.

Before it got sold my mom drove this 3 on the tree beauty with me and my two sisters to Death Valley to visit a relative. Guess what, it overheated. We were saved by a passerby but I'll never forget being stranded in DEATH Valley.

Attachment 1040577
I love the transitional years,like '49 and '60 ('61 for GM). The '49s were the first integrated bodies,yet they still made the 5-window coupe. I dig how the Fords still had external trunk hinges. The Chevys came as the couple sedan,and torpedo back,which was really the old sedan. The '60 Fords were all by themselves in style,in between the 50s & 60s. The '61 Chevys were a '60 with the fins folded down,yet the first of the late-great Impalas (62-64). Gotta love a bubble top. The same with the '61 Chevy as the '49,they had so many roofline options. The carry-over and the new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bollybib View Post
I love all those 60 Starliners but this is more to my taste, stock height and some nice wheels.

Attachment 1040581
Me too. I'm not big on Pro-Tour style. I like that first batch I showed (and that one you show)
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote