View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #239
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Re: Looking for my Grandfathers 1971 GMC SIERRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
Ask for some overtime at your job? Or work a second job with the earnings going straight to the truck fund. Maybe sell a bunch of stuff on eBay. You sound like a young guy, so I'm sure you've got something of value. (electronics, etc) In my experience, if I want something, I make it happen.

Go for your goal, don't waste time arguing with folks on here. You've got the best online forum for Chevy/GMC trucks at your disposal, but you are arguing with some of the most respected guys on the forum. Ive never met 5150 personally, but ive dealt with him on here, and he is one hell of a builder. And you could learn a lot from his skills. He just sold a SEMA show quality Blazer that he built and he is now tackling a SWEET Suburban.

I admit, this is a tough crowd, but the reason some guys on here are ribbing you is because you have a goal, but you don't have a plan.

Last year, I had to sell a whole pile of stuff to buy my Blazer (parts, tools, etc...) And I bought my Suburban in 2009 (unfinished) the month after I got layed off from a very good paying job. In fact, I was on unemployment. But I HAD to have it. My wife still brings up the story ...I sold my Jeep Commander to get rid of the payment and my wife and I decided I needed something that would "fit the family" but was good on gas. So, when I rolled in with an unfinished 40 year old gas suckin' Suburban (on Valentines Day-nonetheless), I was definitely in the doghouse. I didn't get any love on that Valentines Day

So, my only advice...(if you want it) find a cheap truck in your budget. Like this one around Charlotte for $850 -this is a steal... http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/3524449191.html. Then, as you work on it, keep searching for your Grandpas truck, maybe you'll find it one day! But at least you'll have something to occupy you time and hone your skills in the meantime.

Just watch how much arguing is taking place on here, the admins won't put up with it. They'll just lock the thread and your story won't get told.

But, either way... I still hope you find that truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
You are one nice guy to give him that advice. There's something about the OP's way that gets under my skin. I eventually added him to my ignore list. Then, after multiple comments by him on threads I had started, I made the mistake of unblocking him lol and regretted it when I read his response. It's itching at me to really tell him what I think, and why I feel he gets the responses he gets from others, but I'm just going to leave it at that, and hope he either gets a truck and contributes something of interest, or he beats it.
Posted via Mobile Device