View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #184
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourkraut View Post
Awesome build, will be watching
Thanks

So last night I had a little time. I installed the front driveshaft. It bolts into place, however I'm not sure if its going to work. I think it is extended a little too far and will most likely vibrate driving down the road, but I'm going to hold off on getting a new one until I can test drive it to see the results.

I did measure for the new rear drive shafts.

Then I set out to modify the transfer case shifter.

First I popped off the shift rod from the transfer case. The problem is the rod is not long enough to attach to the shifter. Here is the stock rod:

After a little measuring, grinding, welding, and then more grinding here it is a little longer:

I had to drill out the little clip thing just a bit since my new rod is slightly larger diameter. Then I installed it in the truck and the shifter works! I do need to modify the shifter itself a little. The way it sits now, it is rubbing on the transmission. This isn't a big problem, but it will transfer vibration/noise into the cab and annoy me, so I'm going to pop the shifter out and hopefully will just be able to bend it a little to clear the tranny.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote