Thread: Project 69SWB
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #12
67c10rustbuket

Re: Project 69SWB

Great looking project, you are doing great! Gotta love the craptermarket steel If I had hair I would have pulled mine out last year. I still have to do my passenger side and found out about Tabco a little too late. I will be trying their parts on the passenger side. I have heard nothing but good about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69swb View Post
I thought you was telling me to use the flap wheels to scratch up the epoxy. LOL, which I could just do with a scotch brite pad. My main reason for waiting besides not wanting to have to scuff the whole cab, is because I want to get the chemical bond between the two primers, if I wait and the lay the epoxy I can then follow up with poly the next day, but if I let the epoxy cure while I'm doing the metal
and then just scuff it up.. I won't ever get that chemical bond between the two.. or is that not correct?
Sounds like you read the directions, this is the exact same conclusion I came to on mine and I have a gallon of epoxy in the closet until I am ready to strip and spray the entire cab, then put a layer of high fill over the epoxy. Also I have left several sections of my cab and body in bare blasted steel for nearly a year and it has yet to rust. Just dont rub your sweaty hands all over it

I am well aware of most people leaving their sheet metal in epoxy for months/years and not having adhesion issues but I also hear it is a huge pain to sand/scuff epoxy. Keep up the good work!

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote