View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #276
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Build #2 Crusader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad18xx View Post
What did that mirror come from? how did you wire it up to work as a dimmer and get the compas and temp to work? if i was to do it what would i need to take off the truck i get it from?
The mirror didnt come from any particular vehicle. I sell these mirrors brand new. The one I put in the truck is actually a discontinued model. but I have other auto-dimming mirrors. with compass temp. some have Homelink. I even can do rear camera display. I was originally going to use one of those but the JVC head unit i just got has a back up camera display built into it. wiring is pretty simple to. a ground, 2 positives and a temp sensor out in the grill area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organism_ike View Post
My windshield has the exact same arc in it. I'm almost certain that it is not a defect, otherwise it's a very common one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by luifer76 View Post
great looking project bro some nice work you're doing to the truck...... as far as the mark on the winshield i dont think is a crack or defect since my 73 has it in the same spot and is the same shape after noticing mine i asked a couple buddys of mine that have the antenna in their winshield and two of my buddys had the same mark on their truck so i felt a little better after that lol i think it has something to do with the antena being threre....... sorry about what happened to the fender btw....
Thanks guys that does make me feel better.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote