View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #152
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Stich welded in the floor that I cut out to clear the fuel tank. Before welding, I siphoned out about 17 gallons of gas and then dropped the tank. Those plastic tanks are incredibly light weight. Installed the driver seat. Still have to lower the passenger seat so it will not go in for a bit. Will have to weld a nut in the top portion of the rail the front of the seat sits on. I drilled and bolted all the way through the rail for now but the metal is a bit light and collapses if I tighted the front seat bolts. You can actually see it in the last photo. The rear bolts are in single thickness material and will get a large plate to keep them from pulling through. Besides the unusually high brake pedal position, I am real pleased with the location of the seat, pedals and steering wheel.

On a side note, the radiator and fan assembly the LS series out of an '05 to '08 Corvette is the same as the SSR and will fit nicely in the the '59 core support. Found them on Ebay for about $100 each including shipping. Once I triple confirm the dimensions, will get those ordered. Shortening the driveshaft is next.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote