View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #58
Shaun1162

Re: Late 60's Vintage Modified Race Car

Well, last day of winter break, back to college tomorrow. Fortunately I had some time to work on the ol jalopy...

I managed to pick up a pretty decent windshield frame off of Craigslist, only two towns over for $100. I think I did pretty good on it. The only real bad place was on one of the bottom edges by where the bracket slides in. Had to drill out the screws (of course) to get it apart, but amazingly I didn't break the glass taking it apart (its already cracked, but at least I didn't have to pick up off the floor if it had shattered!) and now I've got a good template to have another made.

I'm sure someone's done it before, so is there any good way to mount the windshield solid to the car? I don't have any of the hinges/brackets, so I was planning on making some brackets to make it stationary, but not glued in place like newer ones. I think it's safe to say this car will have plenty of ventilation without a hinged windsheild

Also had a chance to tackle some of the bodywork I've been putting off... The cowl vent area had seen better days... Must have had pine needles sitting in there or something for quite a while...

I managed to cut too much off of the donor panel so I screwed up the gap on the front, but I think it turned out alright. My first real time tying to patch in a donor piece in the middle of a panel like that.

Got some more grinding to do, but all in all I'd say it looks pretty good.
- 1933 Ford Stock Car
Shaun1162 is offline   Reply With Quote