View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #15
1970 C10 MJW

Re: Build thread, 70 c10 my first ride

ok guys i realize I havent had much going on in my build thread... but a lot of stuff has been keeping me busy, A while back I informed everyone my dad had lymphoma.. well he has been healed and is actually going to the doc this week to make sure everything is good to go back to work next week. I also informed you guys that my grandma had lung cancer... well sadly after a long several months of fighting her illness she passed away on 12-1-12... Its been a stressful time...

Well I suppose i will get you guys caught up on whats been going on with the truck. I have decided to not go the LT1 route but instead go LS, with the help of all you guys on this site especially the LS swap section, and a few of my friends being LS nuts, I will be doing this a 99 chevy silverado with a 5.3 I picked up on sunday was wrecked, but still runs and drives, i actually drove it up the trailer lol. After further inspection on Monday I found out the truck is a 4.8 not a 5.3 like was described... so at the moment i am trying to figure out if I want to stay with the 4.8 i have since I got the entire truck for $800 or if I should sell it and find a 5.3.

I plan on at least having 400 rwhp without boring it out and staying naturally aspirated for now... I have already picked out a cam when I thought I had a 5.3 its a futral F14, and then running 799 heads with aftermarket springs and ls7 lifters, also plan on using a ls6 intake or perhaps a bbk, fbody headers and a cold air intake of course...