Thread: 1970blazin
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2003, 11:48 AM   #3
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

My husband is off hunting for the week, so I can't ask him what he did to our doors. I do know that the big latch plates are repainted and waiting until he puts all the parts back on the new doors. We need some good chrome vent windows before he can put the doors back together. As far as cutting the windows down he said he just matched the old doors. The doors are hung, but haven't been fitted up and aligned with the rest of the body panels. We still have to put together the front end. We have the new grills now(inner and outer). Seems like we have lots of work left. I am doing the little stuff like radio, interior, trim ect. He is doing all the panels and doors ect. It's hard to get the time to work on it with 2 little kids running around Did you buy used truck doors, or brand new door skins?? I don't think chopping them down is a big deal, I have just heard that you need that reinforcing plate for stability on a blazer as opposed to a truck.
Let me know if you need more info and I will get Ken to respond to this thread.
Good Luck!
Diane

P.S. Gee-Emm do you have pics of the latch plates? I am wondering if we are talking about the same piece or not???

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote