Thread: 1951 Chevy / C4
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #12
xpickup

Re: 1951 Chevy / C4

It has been awhile since I posted. While I was waiting on my flat metal and tubing I worked on filling some things. Like the clearance lights on the roof, The drivers door handle and some other odds and ends. The chassis that was under the truck ended up being out of square by 3/8". So we decided to use the spare chassis and transfer the sheet metal over to it. I then stated on boxing the frame in the front. I cut out for the Flat Out c4 cross member. Fit it and welded it in, I still have to do the rack cut out and make some fillers pieces that I cut out getting it up in the frame. I put in some temporary braces on the top and bottom of the frame for when I took out the factory cross members. I took all the rivets out and removed them. Then figured out what holes I need to weld nuts to the inside of the frame because of boxing it. I then fit the boxing plates and welded them in. Then ground them all up. Next is to start on the 1 5/8 tubular x member for the transmission. Then onto the rear suspension after that. Then the fun will begin.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote