View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 12:58 AM   #162
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

I don't see why you couldn't use your current front coils. Yes that is the factory proportioning valve. The wire on it is just for a low brake warning in case of a faliure in either the front or back system. You don't have to wire that in if you don't want. I would go ahead and use the prop valve unless it is leaking at the end or at the electrical connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmopar View Post
i grabbed the whole front clip from an 85 c10 this weekend for my 64 and will start tearing down, cleaning, painting and stuff like that - couple questions

i plan on getting the DJM 3" drop spindles, can I use the drop coils i got from CPP that Im currently running in my 64 arms?

there is a valve on the 85 that mounts ahead of the x-member - is that just a factory proportioning valve or is it the pressure differential switch? It has some electrical connector that I have no clue about - should i just replace with a basic prop valve or what? i dont have anything from my harness to connect to it

the shim stack used on the upper arms is unreal - like 8 or 9 per side - any ideas why they would need to do so many? dude says oe spindles and stock coils??
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE