View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #13
rmvlt1100

Re: 5.3 Ignition starter wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevystep4x4 View Post
yeah thats the same site I did my harness off of as well, and I have ALL of the pink wires running off of a 12v key power source. So I'm thinking that the PCM loosing power upon ingnition makes pretty good sense. I have it set up with the main power wire from the harness goes to the junction block, along with the main truck power wire, then I have a wire run from the RADIO ign plug on the fuse box, that goes to the harness' ign relay that turns on all the pink Keyed 12v. I wonder if that ign wire isnt big enough????? I'm pretty sure that's were I ran my old distributor wire from, it's just been 3 1/2 years since I yarded it out.
Either 1 or 2 of the pink wires need to get power while cranking. The other wires can go to ignition only. I'm not sure how the ignition switch is on your truck but mine had a wire coming off the ignition switch that had ignition power while cranking. Also you can try to find cranking power in the fuse box while cranking the engine but it is a pain with 1 person. I will look at mine and tryto get a picture or where my wire or wires are connected.