View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #14
63swag

Re: 61 rebuild of the rebuilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62 Barnfind View Post
I am wanting to put blocks in the rear with stock springs. How much clearance did you have with the 2in block to the frame without the c notch? Was it enough from the axel to frame? Where did you buy the c notch? Like the progress you you are making. Can't wait for more pics.
You should be fine with blocks and stock springs. I had 3 inch drop springs and had plenty of room and never bottomed out, when I added the 2 inch blocks I would bottom out when I hit bumps in the road hard and fast. I never measured the actual clearance though. By the way good job on the Hot Rod Flatz paint, I painted my truck with it like you at diffrent times the shades are not matching up. I used same amount of coats, a paint booth and same pressure.

Still working on getting everything back together and all the little details finished up. Work has been interupting me to much! Hope to be done this upcoming weekend. I found some old reclaimed tounge and groove cedar at my dads farm and using it for the bed floor and it is looking great. Pics coming as soon as I wrap it all up.
63swag is offline   Reply With Quote