View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #109
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Re: Short Changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusbuilt View Post
Alright!!
Lots to do, but things are going to start happening again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawno72 View Post
Love it man!! Can't wait to see them big ole wheels back there. Are you gonna have to do a mini tub?
Yep, definitely doing the mini tub and probably a wood bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash_OK View Post
Looks great Steve, Sounds like you guys have a great plan.. looking forward to seeing more progress.

PS.. It seems like Kyle always finds a way to get Lucy in most of the pictures..
Well Mark, we all know what happens to plans. The thing is you have to be ready to adapt to circumstances. It turns out that the need to make changes to get the desired ride height opened the door to do something else I wanted to do - get a wheel with a fat lip in the back.

And yeah, I did notice that Lucy somehow manages to sneak in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett--G4L View Post
Awesome Steve, can't wait to see what wheels you choose for it.
Me too! Choosing colors and wheels are two of the toughest things for me to decide. I don't know why wheels are so tough because they're so easy to change, you know? Since Short Stuff is going to have those 13" black mofo Wilwood brakes all the way around, I don't want to hide them. With a six week lead time on wheels these days, I can't wait too long to get them ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
I really like how you guys are doing the notch, much better than a bolt in and not overlapping will keep the lines clean. Very nice! Kyle seems to be the master of all trades with these trucks eh.

Is your mom from Wisconsin too? No more wheels outside, just a few doors and a bed.
One of the goals from the start was to have a really clean frame, and this is going to go a long way towards that. Kyle is one of those rare kind of individuals that can do anything he sets his mind to do, and do it at a high level. What's cool about him is he doesn't brag about it. I don't know how many times I've said to him "You can do that too?". Up till now, the only other thing that impressed me about paint and body guys was their ability to come up with excuses for why it's going to be another month before the job is finished.

No cheeseheads in our family tree that I know of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottshotrods View Post
looking good

Justin
I owe Justin props for his suggestions on this build. The smoothed in notches was his idea. He's done some high dollar builds, well north of the six figure mark, and he generously shares his time to learn about what you're trying to accomplish and then help you get there. Great resource to have involved in the build for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote