View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
plainred65

Thumbs up 1963c-10 *resolved*

Don't understand why this deal turned bad. Last summer I bought a front bumper from Jon and no problem. Nice bumper, I strip, paint and install on my 65.

My original tank has a very slight leak. Jon tells me he has a low mile clean tank. Send a check for the tank and I get one sent to me that is extremely rusty inside. Phone call to Jon and he tells me he just looked down the filler neck but didn't pull the sending unit. Story jives because it does appear clean just looking down the neck. He'll send me another.

Get that one in and it looks great inside. At this point I don't get around to fooling with it for a month or two, I'm very busy at work this time of year. Tank sits in the bed except when I use my truck, which is not often at this point with the tank seeping and stinking. I finally get around to swapping the tank, when I have it in place I fill it with fuel. Guess what happens now, it leaks badly! My original has a very slow seep, not even a drip. This one has a fast drip.

I call Jon to tell him the bad news, he says it didn't leak when pulled and must have been the shipper. Infers that if I would have let him know sooner he could have recouped his money from the shipper. I say how would you ever convince them that the tank didn't leak when shipped and also there is no sign of shipping damage.

We go back and forth a bit through the pm system and come to an agreement that he will send me my $80 for the tank and split the shipping of $40 with me. Will send me a total of $100 and asks if that's ok with me. I tell him that works for me. The last pm he answered is 11-09-12 when he tells me he gets paid beginning of the month and that's when he'll send me a check.

Nothing comes early Dec. and I hate to bother him around the holidays so I keep quiet. Early Jan. still no money. Jan. 1, I write and ask about money and tell him I didn't want to bug him over Christmas. No reply.

Jan. 5, another note. No reply. Try to call him at number I've talked to him quite a few times, all good talks, and number has been changed.

Thinking maybe he's away for awhile because he's no longer posting to the site. I catch him online on the 22nd and send him a note telling him I understand if cash is tight but he needs to contact me either pm or by phone, I also include my cell#. No reply.

Jan. 23rd I send him a note telling him if I don't hear from him I'm going to post about this. I waited till I noticed him online again and todays the day. So here it is. I've been patient but enough is enough. Jon tells me that he's never had a problem with a part before, but if this is the first time it's no excuse to not take care of business.
plainred65 is offline   Reply With Quote