View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #163
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Installed the passenger seat. After I got it installed, I realized the center seam is sewn in an arc rather than straight like the driver seat. Provides the illusion that the seat is in at an angle. Welded nuts flush in the top of the floor beam and bolted them in. I will probably remount these using a piece of 1/8" plate the width of the seat on top of the floor beam. Not real comfortable with how the are currently mounted with regard to pullout during a wreck. Note the passenger seat bracket at the driveshaft is hovering in space where the transmission tunnel belongs. Will have to bend and mount it once the tunnel is in place.

Received my Corvette (fits '08 to '11) radiator tonight. Got it on Ebay for $109 including shipping. Trimmed the four condenser mounting brackets off of the tanks using a wood coping saw and slid it into place. Radiator fits nicely between body mounts and flush on the face of the core support, however, I will have to trim the passenger side mount 1/4" more so the radiator is centered in the core support opening. I have 3-3/8" from the radiator core to the tip of the threaded end on the pulley. That's good news. May even be able to use the Corvette cooling fan. If not, I can always use an aftermarket thin unit. Will purchase radiator hoses next.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote