View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
plainred65

Re: 1963c-10

Liz, here is the link to the add for the truck Jon was parting out.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=518870

There is no mention of the gas tank however as this was done through the pm system and over the phone. This has become obvious to me when you asked for a link to the post that I have no proof that this exchange even occurred. If this is against policy to complain about a purchase made back channel as it was, then I apologize.

Special-k Thanks for commenting on this, and I think you may be right that Jon was hoping this had gone away. I felt that I had made it obvious that this was a big deal to me as there were many long and somewhat heated exchanges of pm's on this where we both gave our side of the story. Eventually I gave up and asked for just the tank money willing to forsake the $40 shipping just to get my tank money back and to close this out. Jon agreed to this and offered to split the shipping if I agreed. On this I give him credit for offering the extra money I had already stated I was willing to live without so we could walk away on good terms. I think I was too trusting in thinking we had it all ironed out and that Jon would come through. I hated to be a pest around Christmas and thought I would give him an extra month. When no money came early Jan. I started writing again. Remember he only gets paid once a month near the beginning of each month. I reasoned Dec. was a wash on account of Christmas and would wait to see what happens in Jan.

I deleted all of my earlier posts on this to make room. I count 13 still left that I sent on the subject of the second tank alone. My mistake if I thought I was clear that I wanted restitution. I know it's only a small amount of money, but I have strong feelings about principles and Jon seemed to be a stand up guy. If he would have made good, I would have posted a glowing review of this transaction. In my mind you really see a sellers worth when he comes through on a deal turns sour. That's what separates the really good from the so-so.

Last edited by plainred65; 02-02-2013 at 02:38 PM.
plainred65 is offline   Reply With Quote