View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #24
JCampbell
Account Suspended

Re: for the dually guys....20" rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.FENS View Post
I am also somewhat concerned about the overall width of the rear wheels / tires. Wondering if the Eagle 20's have enough offset to keep the tires inside the fenders on a low truck.
Yup.

On their face, they seem really cool, but I still have some reservations that make me want to hold off until everyone else figures out all the little "quirks" that are associated with running these wheels.

1. You still have the same issue with these as you do with milled semis in regards to load-rated tires. I know there's a lot of guys who tow decent loads on car tires without issue, but I'd hate to be the guy that has a blowout while towing. Best case, you're shredding a fender; worst case, someone gets hurt/killed. Neither of these are something I'm willing to deal with.

2. Can you really run all six? I *hate* the rear profile view when tire widths/profiles are mis-matched because the wheels are different. Not to mention, even on tires with the same spec'd overall diameter, you're still going to have minute differences in circumference which results in uneven tire wear. If you can run all six, are the offsets such that they actually fit under the truck? Like mis-matched tires, wheels hanging past the fenders look uber-dorky and completely negate any "cool" factor. Fender stretching, IMO, looks hideous. Narrowing the rear is an option, but do you really want to go to all that trouble? Like D.FENS said, at that point, the costs have come close to or exceeded the cost of a set of TowNastys.

Even if you can work past the issues in #2, for me, it still comes back to the issues in #1. As a guy who's been know to max out his GCW from time to time, I wouldn't feel comfortable running a set of car/light truck tires.
JCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote