View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #1892
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred" w/ 5.3L LS swap info

Well guys, another build thread comes to an end. Due to some upcoming, really freaking expensive medical expenses we will incur from my wife's upcoming jaw surgery, I opted to sell Fred to get some cash in our pocket to help cover what insurance won't.

While it is bittersweet, because of who I sold it to, I am excited for what he will soon become. Most of you probably know Mike Curtis from Overhaulin' and American Hot Rod. Fred's new owner is Mike's father, Randy. I worked for Randy back in the very early 90's when Mike was a little turd, and Randy is one of the better known hot rod/muscle car guys in this area, and a huge lover of the square body trucks. He's built many squares for guys in this area, and has an awesome black short bed 4x4 shop truck. Some of the parts I used on Fred's swap came from him too. His plans are to build it to haul his jet boat. I can't wait to see what he does with it. Whatever it is, it is sure to be bad ass!

Sorry for not getting in here to answer questions. I haven't been getting notifications of replies, and don't check in a lot any more. But shoot me a PM, and I'll help out if I can.

Hopefully between this thread, and Dennis's "Silver" thread, there will continue to be a lot of good info to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Not to be a jerk,, but what do you figure you have into this conversion, ballpark? I'm seriously considering doing this to my 87 and am trying to put numbers together. I'd appreciate any info you could give, thanks!
I don't remember the exact number for sure, but I think it was in the neighborhood of $4000. Somewhere there is a post in this thread from shortly after I finished the swap where I mentioned the total cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullauto05 View Post
Question is what lower radiator hose you all have been using for the conversion.
Francis
That is a sweet looking truck Fullauto! If I remember correctly, I used the original lower hose off the 85 as I used the 85's radiator, and the upper hose off the donor truck.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote