View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #91
502ms

Updates

This weekend has been pretty productive.

We spent the weekend completing the move of the tank, compressors and air management equipment from the rear of the frame to the middle/upper frames. One of the issues that I had in the beginning was the potential to hit my tank on the ground if on some super extreme angle (riding dirty) and hitting a dip. This really did not happen often...I think just that time I dragged for Eric. LOL.

The huge crossmember shown here is trimmed to make room for the fuel cell. This cell will have a custom box holding it in place right under the raised floor, and far up and away from the ground. Plans for accessing it will be in a slick/trick location. Stay tuned.

Thankfully, I only managed to wear out the drain plug, which I replaced once we got it all moved up top to the sub floor. This also serves as the opportunity to move my fuel tank out of the cab, and replace it with a high-speed, low drag, sexy, aluminum, 20 gallon fuel cell.

Now, this is not the final resting location for the fuel cell...just a test fit. We already know that the additional crossmember shown above (little bit of overkill), can be modded to integrate the tank, and keep it WELL above the ground when fully aired out. More on that soon. Here is just a sneak peek of the location, but not the height. More on that later.