View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #204
77ChevySharkBite

Re: 1977 Chevy C10 known as SharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee View Post
The tricky part about putting seats in these trucks is that big hump in the floor that allows for the gas tanks. Most seats that come out of any vehicle with a flat floor have brackets that are too high for our trucks. I put seats from a 98' Chevy in my 76' Silverado. We formed a piece of metal strap to that hump in the floor and then cut the brackets on the new seat to fit the strap. I don't know if it's helpful but here is a link to a thread with pictures. I think the same thing could be done for your seats, rather than fabricating all new brackets.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559324
Thanks again for the link I wasn't able to see the picture due to me being at work but I think I understand what you did, I honestly have the crazy idea to maybe try and even do it for my truck, it seems fairly simple overall its just a matter of getting it done. I might have to see if you could help me do it. Because the way I understand it could even be done is just slice off some of the the new seat and then take my old brackets and then weld them together of course that's easier said than done but we'll see going to take some brainstorming that's for sure.

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote