View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #63
special-K
Special Order

Re: Stock Steering Wheel Whos Keeping Them And Why ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
It's not where they're made, it's the QC of the manufacturer. The same wheel made in the US with the same QC standards would crack too.
Huh? First of all,I guess we'll never know about the same wheel made in the US since none are made here. Now the ones made here 40+ years ago? They were made better. As far as not being about where they're made? I pretty much disagree because most everything made in China is inferior,whether it due to QC or whatever other reason. In this case,the manufacturer is Chinese,so we agree. It's the QC of the manufacturer.
Anyway,the point I was making was why a really nice OEM wheel is at least worth what a repro is. I'd pay more because they are better. I bought a repro for a rarely driven truck and within 4 years the rim cracked and a 3/16" gap formed at TDC,so I could stare at it driving down the road and be reminded of the money I blew on junk

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote