Thread: 1951 Chevy / C4
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #41
xpickup

Re: 1951 Chevy / C4

99 to Life, oldman3, ChuckDriver, Thank you

48 GMC BURB, Thank you. I hope you like it, seing how it is yours. HAHA

Well here is the lastest. I boxed the rear 8" of the rear section of the frame and put a 1 5/8 tube across the back. Then got ride of the factory rear cross member. THEN welded in slugs for the 5 million factory holes on the sides of the frame. Fixed the slots that I cut in the frame to get the front cross member in and finished welding it in. Then cut back the radiator support and got rid of the back portion. Boxed the frame from were I stopped to the radiator support. Then cut out the rack cut outs. Once that was cut I did not like that the cross section of the frame, it was only a little over 1". So I bent up some 1 5/8 at a 90 degrees and cut it back to fit from the bottom of the cross member to the bottom of the radiator support. Now it is strong again. I thought if you would hit something (god forbid) the front section of the frame would fold under. So now onto the rear suspension. I have to make some pieces to recontour the frame rails for the suspension. I can not wait to see it on its wheels.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote