View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #169
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Pulled the front clip, engine and transmission so I could install the new motor mounts and torque converter. While I have it apart, I will catch on some blasting and welding.

Fired up the new 110 lb H.F. sandblaster and blasted the core support. Had to buy a deadman for it to turn it into something reliable. Went to the local supply house to buy sand. They don't sell it anymore so I bought some black blast (coal...really). $9 for a 100 lb bag. Had to screen it to get it thru the blaster which took out about 30% of the bag. Used the entire bag on the core support and still had chunks that stopped up the deadman. Got to find something easier to use. Leaves quite a texture which I have not decided is good or bad...yet. Paint will have not problem grabbing on.

Core Support...removed the cross bracing and added an angle iron at the bottom of the verticals. Filled holes and finished many of the welds. Also cleaned up and welded the sway bar gussets to the ends of the frame horns. Remember, I took 12.5" off the ends of the frame horns many months ago. The sway bar on this thing is massive hence the flat cornering in the gravity video.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote