View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #318
es67chevy

Re: 72 Not sure what to call it yet resto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeAnna View Post
Thought I would post some pics of the interior in progress... The firewall, floor, behind the tank etc, all covered with Rattle trap (fat mat).

I decided to double it up on most of the areas??? Anybody doing this? I figured it couldn't hurt.

As you can see I have made some progress it just seems slow going at the moment. I do have a question on my vintage air that I will post over on the general area. Thanks for looking and if you see something or have an idea post it up.
Looks really good. I used the same stuff, though I didn't double mine. Probably won't hurt anything but add a little weight. But who am I kidding? These trucks have to weigh about 3 tons with or without the extra mat. The only challenge I imagine you will have is with getting your bolts for your seats, etc through the stuff. It gums up about anything you stick through it. Really hard to get the bolts through.

Another thing you might think of is slapping a little of that fat mat inside your doors. Will help 'deaden' them a bit when opening and closing and just general rattling going down the road. Seemed to make a diff in mine anyway. Try shutting your door without it, sticking some in, and shutting it again. We noticed a definite difference.

1967 C10 SWB
383 Stroker/TH400
Brother's One Piece Power Windows
Shaved Doors, Markers, and Bumpers
4/6 Early Classic Drop
Rear Fuel Tank (49-52 Chevy Car Tank)
Surf Blue Paint

Bella Vista, AR (Arkansas for those that get the 'A' states mixed up)

My Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=330869
es67chevy is offline   Reply With Quote