View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #71
Shaun1162

Re: Late 60's Vintage Modified Race Car

Slowly but surely....

One rather large dilemna I noticed tonight is with my "battery box" that was built into the firewall. I made a new one ot mimick the old one, and after finding a small enough battery that odyssey offered (http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc680series.htm) and had planned to lay it down flat inside the box, with my master cylinder above.

BUT I didn't take into account where my throttle linkages need to be....

Getting sort of crowded in there now.. Possibly I could fit the battery in there if I shorten the end on the linkage? But then of course I've still got brake lines to route through there... Sort of a cluttered area..

Would it be possible to mount the battery on the frame rail here:

Not sure if the motor/exhaust heat would effect the battery of not. Would look pretty goofy there though.... Maybe I could build a box to go underneath the car... Just don't want to move it to the trunk, because then I'd have to make the trunk lid open again and that's something I'm avoiding.

Also have a dilemna with the open space around the transmission, floor, and the body...

I've got one piece that isn't in the picture that goes by the steering shaft, but still, there's alot of empty space there... I'm no sheet metal man, so it will be a little bit of a challenge for me.. But perhaps I can cut up this old trans cover I saved off an old '70 C-30 I scrapped:

Also managed to get another pair of Ford wide 5's for the front of my car... Still need to find a pair of tires, but this old weather cracked one works good for mock-up, looks ALOT better then that big old ugly recap truck tire on the homemade rim made out of a dually, thats for sure...

- 1933 Ford Stock Car
Shaun1162 is offline   Reply With Quote