View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
LakeAnna

Re: How is this for my 72???? HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
First of all....I am no expert but I was really into car audio for about 5 yrs until I had to get out of it (it was starting to eat up all my $$$ and time -my last system in 1999 cost me around 2500 and I did all the install myself and got everything at clearance prices (about 10k retail worth of equipment)

I assume you're talking about the 4's under the stock speaker grill in the upper center of the dash?
what about the panels that go on top of the kick panels? You don't cut your kick panels out.....I actually have a pair somewhere....they are abs and you cover them with some material to match your seat or door panels and cut out the speaker hole....that would be 1000% better sound than a couple 4's in the center of the dash. I'd do 6 1/2" components with the tweeter aimed up on the kick panels and something still in the center spot to really round out the sound...
As far as sound quality those other speakers under the seat won't do a lot for it other than adding volume. I'd recommend to go with 6x9's in the rear cab corners...there are a few people making brackets for back there and one vendor on the board.
I think the bass speaker is a good idea....you don't have to rattle the truck....but as you mentioned...it will fill out the sound and allow the smaller speakers to do their job without having to try to replicate the bass if you can set the crossover cutoffs correctly...

You think you could locate those panels for me??? Sounds better so long as i don't have to hack the truck up. And yes, I was talking about the little 4's for under the dash in the center location above the deck. I just need to get going so I can button all the ac lines and such together. I sure as heck want all the wires done before I pull the ac vent tubes under there.
I still have the gas behind the seat... no room for a 6x9.

72 RESTO

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=501870

Last edited by LakeAnna; 02-16-2013 at 03:43 PM.
LakeAnna is offline   Reply With Quote