View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #73
Shaun1162

Re: Late 60's Vintage Modified Race Car

Some more progress today...

Got the torque arm in place and the bracket tacked in on the cage. Suspension still seems to work the same, so I guess I didn't mess it up too badly...

Then started working the panhard mount.

One thing handy about this rear end is the convenient bolts in the middle of the housing..

Hopefully can get the 220 welder out tomorrow and finish welding these pieces. Still need to make an additional guesst going from the other panhard mount to the frame rail/angle iron going across the back).

Also managed to get an old VW tank from my uncle... But it's the wrong style. Found I need one out of a 50-55 Bug, not something you see in junkyards anymore..

However, maybe I could make this work tank, just make some new brackets. I would also get a fuel gauge which the other tank didn't have provisions for... Something that can come in handy haha

Think I might need to find a different seat too... We've got an old aluminum racing seat with no head rest that I could probably get a cover made for, but I'd sort of like to find and old car or truck seat to use. A VW seat would be even better because that's what they ran originally, but I need something that mounts flat to the floor...

- 1933 Ford Stock Car
Shaun1162 is offline   Reply With Quote