Thread: Daverods 52
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #989
OrrieG

Re: Daverods 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverod View Post
Got pulled over for no front plate on my 64 so I got classic plates you only have to run one on the back. Makes so much sence...not. Guess I've have to find a 1952 Idaho plate. I think they make one with a skier on it.... that would be cool. Maybe I could just put a 52 tag over the 47. DMV's not that smart.
I run vanity plates on my 64 Chevelle DD and have gotten pulled over a couple of time just because the cop was bored and liked old cars. I have been half-heartedly looking for a good wonderland plate to hang in the garage but they are rare (two years I think) and fetch a good price in good shape. I found a mint 59 1L plate I am going to run on the truck, if you run year of production you only need the back plate. Reason for the front plate is so the cops know you have them, they figure most rodders are not going to be running around without plates or insurance I guess. Here is a relatively rare plate I found in the crawl space of my current house when I bought it in 1985.
Attached Images

OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote