View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #18
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: Crossover steering question

It's simply confusion of terminology.
Bump steer has to do with the change of the toe (relationship of one wheel to the other)

Roll steer is when the steering wheel is effected in it's relationship to the wheels because of suspension travel.
Just as in the given example of extreme droop of the driver's side front wheel. As it droops, the wheels steer to the left....but they both do it equally since they are tied together.

The spring length example is accurate, as I touched on before, but the actual effect is minimal. The lower lift springs don't have much arch to them, so they would "potentially" move less. The higher ones are stiffer, also moving less than they look like they should. The shackles couldn't move enough to accommodate them if they could flatten out.
Heck, the stock 73-87 springs are de-arched, they would get shorter with travel, but there is only about 3 inches of travel before you hit the bump stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote