View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #24
wilkin250r

Re: Crossover steering question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
What you said was my point all along as well. I do know a few guys that did end up with death wobble after crossover steering. Not just internet forum imaginary friends but real people I know and wheel with. Of course, they did a few other “upgrades” while doing the crossover steering swap that could be the culprit as well. As said above, many things can lead to death wobble. The xoversteer could have just been a coincidence.
Especially if one of those upgrades is a lift. I've seen a few people end up with a death wobble because the lift they install includes a shim on the front axle to rotate it to improve the pinion angle. Unfortunately, this also changes the caster angle, which is a huge factor in steering stability at high speeds. I'm not saying that is necessarily 100% the culprit, but in my experience it is much more common than crossover steering being the culprit.

I've never personally seen crossover steering as the cause of death wobble, and have seen very few accounts of it, but MANY accounts of crossover being the cure for death wobble.