View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
TazmanB

Taking the leap to build

After playing around with cars and trucks most of my life, I have decided to take the leap to build the 69 Chevy C-10 that I have always wanted. I bought this truck about 2 1/2 years ago and started tinkering with it to get it road worthy.

It had wiring problems along with several other things that I found on the short drive home that scared the hell out of me. Everytime I hit the brakes the rear end locked up. The steering column moved around as much at the steering wheel did. I got about half way home and the new battery I bought and put in it to start it was just about done for. I drove most of the second half home with no lights to help limp it home. Thank God my son was following me.

I started by replacing the alternator and changed it over to an internal regulator, rebuilding the brakes and fixing several shorts in the wiring. The truck appeared to have a new painless wiring kit that had not been installed very well. I worked on the steering column a little and got it move around less but was not perfect.

A few months later I decided I would update the front end to disk brakes, new brake booster and master cylinder, drop spindles and drop springs for a total front end drop of 3 inches and a new steering column. I also have 4 inch drop springs for the rear, tubular trailing arms and new trailing arm cross member that I have not installed yet. I decided I would wait to do the rear until I started the build, if I ever did.

Well that is were I am and I have decided I will try and build the truck now. The truck is not a daily driver but I do drive it on a regular basis and will be tryking to keep it in a running state as long as I can. I have started on the bed and have gotten all the trim holes welded up, after removing all the bondo the PO put on the bed to try and fill all the holes. The drivers side has been taken down to bare metal and I have started the body work on it.
Attached Images

TazmanB is offline   Reply With Quote