View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #273
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

I had some "fun" tonight (NOT)

The I cleaned up the wiring on the tail lights and plugged them in. Good news is the turn signals, flashers, and regular lights work. However, when I stepped on the brake, nothing. So I start to looking, and I see that I don't have the brake light relay installed. Install that: nothing A little more checking, and yep, another ground wire for that relay that I missed. Plugged that in: nothing

So I do more probing around with my test light and multimeter, digging under the dash and I narrow it down to the brake switch. The brake switch is NOT in a convenient location. So after about 20 minutes I finally get it out, do a little testing and it appears as if its bad. Kinda figures since when you shake it you can hear stuff rattling around inside.

So hopefully I can get that tomorrow. I figure brake lights are an important "feature" to have before I drive the truck.

I have an appointment on Saturday to get the wheels and tires mounted and an alignment done.....so I have quite a bit of work to do cleaning stuff up before the appointment....hopefully I'll be able to make it
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote