View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #131
Lugnutz65

Re: Complete T5 swap thread - one way to skin the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
that truch is 24 years old .it is quite possible that someone could have already changed it will a used one???????
ron
padresag,
Each tranny has an ID tag. The tranny I pulled had all the proper tags and they were readable. That is the BEST way to identify a tranny. However, several VERY popular links on the internet gave INCORRECT gearing ratio information when I matched up the ID tag with their charts.

Bottom line, VERIFY EVERYTHING by CHECKING THINGS YOURSELF. Some guy says he has a tranny for sale with such and such gearing. Fine. He's probably basing his information on one of the websites I used AND HE COULD BE WRONG. That will be true for eBay, CL, or a swap meet.

Just imagine how frustrated I'd be after installing my tranny if I had not found out the TRUE gear ratio. I'd have wasted big money and time all because of misinformation.

Just be sure to verify everything yourself, and not based on some website chart. Am I preaching? Yep!

Want to know more about T5 transmissions? My website has a T5 Info Page and a Step by Step T5 rebuild.
Lugnutz65 is offline   Reply With Quote