View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #6192
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE1964 View Post
Sometimes if our trucks run without a gate for a while and get loaded (used for a truck) The sides of the bed will spread out. A come-a-long is a tool that you can use to hook in the stake pockets and pull the bed sides back to there original location. It sometimes is not even noticable to the eye but has an impact on the gate latching.

It does not sound like you have this problem. If your gaps between the bed sides and the gate are good then I would check the latch it self. Is it extending out as far as it can. These are spring loaded and sometimes the springs get weak. That with some natural aging will make them stick. make surte it is coming all the way out. use the good side as a guide.

If the latch is working as it should, you may have to shim it out. I would start with some 3/8 flat washers and stack them to about a 1/4 inch thick and place them in between the latch and the gate. If you have a way to cut a slot in the washers, then you don't have to remove the bolts all the way.

Look at the photos that magwakeenercew2jh posted above. You can either shim the latch in the gate or shim the stricker that is bolted to the bed side.
Thanks! Sounds like I need some washers
Posted via Mobile Device