View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #139
Lugnutz65

Re: Complete T5 swap thread - one way to skin the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantimdad View Post
A little background before I ask a question: My truck had a T5 in it when I bought it. It worked perfectly. I tore the truck down completely and am doing a frame off restomod.

Now, I am about to reassemble the drive train. There is no adapter plate on the trans to bellhousing.

Why does it work well? I thought you had to have a plate.

I am going to reassemble it just like it was. I am just curious.

Oh, the trans number says it's out of an 86 Camaro.

Steven
I am a student of the T5, and not a tranmission expert. However, as I read, I am amazed at some of the new things I learn each day.
If your T5 is a world class and has an input shaft from a V8 F body car, then it will not need the plate adapter (I think ).

I have also seen non world class replacement input shafts that are shorter and can be swapped for the original S10 input shaft to make the S10 NWC tranny bolt right up to the original bellhousing.

I would think that whoever installed your T5 knew these tricks and decided against using the adaptor plate, but used other options that work as well.

Just curious, does your T5 use a center hole spacer to adapt from a 5 and 1/8" hole to a 4 and 11/16" hole?

Want to know more about T5 transmissions? My website has a T5 Info Page and a Step by Step T5 rebuild.
Lugnutz65 is offline   Reply With Quote