View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #166
jblaust

Re: Dirty Dianah (No)... Bagged 72 Stepside/LSx/T56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502ms View Post
Exciting times! What's first?
Posted via Mobile Device
just little things...I am pretty much planning on hoarding parts and going at most of it all in one shot..Going to change the steering column to auto (3 on the tree now)....Shorten it and and add tilt. Also looking for motor and transmission. Not sure which direction Im going with suspension yet. I wanted porterbuilt to lay frame, but I have an oppurtunity to buy a complete almost new ridetech mild c-notch kit from another member on the board who lives very close by me for a very reasonable price. I have a feeling I will regret not making it lay frame though if I go that route so I might just stay porterbuilt. The other thing thats bothering me is how difficult it looks to be to get 22's or 24's to tuck in the back of a stepper without hacking it up with major modding. I may just ride out on the rally's with white walls laying frame for a while until I figure that out and just raise the bed like you did. I need to have the truck in my hands first to see what I need to do or redo first before I start getting crazy. I also need some $$. The transport got delayed again until tomorrow morning. The trailer had brake issues and the driver was stuck in Arizona waiting on parts and repairs. The truck is fixed and he is picking up my truck first thing in the morning. She is commming home first class in a hard enclosed trailer on the top rack and not moving until she gets to florida. She is the cheapest vehicle on the trailer, with maserattis, porches, and other high end sports cars surrounding her. I ended up spending more money for a cleaner truck (3000 miles away) right up front and kind of tapped out my budget at the moment. The original plan was to get something like Walter's truck and then bag it right away and kind of ratrod it out for a while while I cleaned it up. Then this truck came along and I couldnt say no and got a little implusive. Hoping I made the right choice going with the cleaner 90% done 10 year old frame off restoration. I figured it would save me alot of headaches/time/money looking for little things and making cosmetic repairs. Now I can take my time buying quality parts and do the bulk of the major work in one shot. These pics were taken yesterday as the truck is being prepared with spare parts in the bed for the 3000 mile trip to its new home. There are a few boxes of parts in the bed of the truck and an extra drivers door.

Did you get any progress done on the motor this weekend? Any new pics? I am really looking forward to seeing how that works out for you. Hoping to seeing a cool video of you hitting switches again and burning some rubber.
Attached Images

Last edited by jblaust; 03-04-2013 at 01:47 AM. Reason: pics
jblaust is offline   Reply With Quote