View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #13
justcuz

Re: A gathering of small Chevrolets

Yours, Headquakes RC's and the guy with the 3 videos of his blue crew cab is where I go when I want to satisfy my desire to watch RC videos! I love your crew cabs and the suburban.
I'd love to do this but the way gas prices are going I can almost buy and build up a real truck for as much as I would spend on an RC! I just went and looked at a 91 K30 Dually crew cab last week for a thousand dollars! TBI 454, 400 turbo, 205 with faded paint but a nice interior. The front Dana 60 is almost worth the price of the truck!
My modeling is limited to plastic kits and detailing die cast models. I usually disassemble all my die cast models and detail paint the interiors, undercarrige and engine compartment. I am working on a 1/24th Tahoe right now for my daughter who is in the Orange County, Ca. Sheriffs academy. I ordered decals and will detail paint the interior and engine compartment. I am also going to try to put her graduation date and name on the mobile data terminal screen (laptop) in the cab and see about making the lightbar, head and taillights work.

Last edited by justcuz; 03-04-2013 at 08:35 PM.
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote