Thread: 1951 Chevy / C4
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #90
98layinframe

Re: 1951 Chevy / C4

Yeah the rear irs adds a bit of a challenge for wheel fitment, im assuming your just running coilovers so ya shouldnt have to much trouble with the negative camber, but for someone like me thats planning to run shockwaves the added neg camber when air down means a smaller backspace wheel or tub the bedsides. I had my 9.5" wide rims on a 52 that had a 4x4 s10 axle with 1" spacers on each side. The wheel/tire cleared the bedsides, but was just a little to wide to tuck up into the fender safely on a bagged truck. Static height non tucking ride height would of been fine. When the spacers came off, the fenders were perfectly happy and everything looked perfect.... except the inner bedside. The tire was squeezed against it.

Long story short.. my wider wheel and tire combo will work perfect on a 58" wide irs rear (crap for me) with a stock width irs, im not seeing why a 8" wide wheel with 4 or 4.5" of backspacing wouldnt work on a stock with irs but the wheel tubs part.. ehh not sure about that
Posted via Mobile Device