Thread: 1951 Chevy / C4
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #91
xpickup

Re: 1951 Chevy / C4

Homebuilt Hotrods, Thank you.

48 GMC BURB, We will get the bed on first then we can see just what we have. I know what you mean about it making a truck and we will do that. It is going to be a bad azz truck when done.

98layinframe, I have been thinking about this. Narrowing the rear is a boat load of work. Plus you have to not only narrow the half shafts, which would not be that bad, but you also have to narrow those aluminum arm under the half shaft or make new ones. The toe in and out links in the back would also not be too bad. The lower arms would probably be best if they were remade rather than welded. But I am thinking that way because I work in a machine shop. I do not like welding aluminum in that application. But another thing I was thinking was what if you widen the rear fenders. I do not like the 3" wider ones but maybe if they would ony be 1 -1 1/2 inches I think it would look all right. Plus I am sure it would be a lot cheaper than narrowing the rear. I know what you mean with thing getting tight with it going up and down on air. The other 48 truck I had a post on has the newer wider rear, factory fenders but the bed has maybe 2" tubs in it. It seems to work. I think it has a 8" rim on it.

Shannon

Shannon
xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote